Park Planner II
The Highlands Ranch Metro District is seeking a Park Planner II for the Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department. The Park Planner II performs design tasks and planning work, provides project presentations, writing of specifications, and offers field support of new capital projects including parks, trails, parkway landscaping, and renovation projects. The position includes supervision over consultants and contractors and general supervision over seasonal or other section staff as needed or required. The Park Planner II provides project management for the construction of District projects, acts as field coordinator and inspector and oversees other assigned projects to ensure contractor compliance. The Planner II will assist with facilitating public input meetings, presentations of plans with citizen groups, developers, and other governmental agencies. The position will oversee budgets, facilitate advertisements for bids and assists with recommendations for bid selection. Other duties include ensuring applicable local building codes, ADA compliance, handling customer and vendor situations, maintaining and storing records, and responds to public inquiries. The Planner II helps monitor intergovernmental actions affecting parks, parkways, trails and facilities.
• Successful applicant must have graduated from a 4-year college or university with a degree in landscape architecture, park planning, construction management or closely related field
• Minimum of four years landscape architecture and two years in construction management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years old to apply
• A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle record, as deemed acceptable by the District’s insurance provider, is also required.
• Pre-employment screening, which includes background check, drug screen and motor vehicle record check will be performed for all candidates who are offered employment.
The District offers an outstanding benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Medical/Dental/Vision insurance premium is paid 100% by the District for employee only coverage (75% premium paid for all other tiers) under the United Health Care/Kaiser Networks. 401 (a) Pension Plan and 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Plan (with up to 4% company match), company-paid long-term disability and life insurance (2x annual employee salary). Section 125 Flexible spending accounts, recreation center membership, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), travel assistance, tuition reimbursement and childcare/cell phone/entertainment ticket/pet insurance discounts are also included in the benefits package.
The District also recognizes the importance of a work/life balance and offers generous paid time off, which includes:
? 80 hours of sick leave per year
? 80 hours of vacation leave per year
? 32 hours of personal leave per year
? 9 paid holidays per year
Pay range for this position is $61,235.20 - $91,852.80 per year.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply for this position, please visit -
Posting No. 2021-026, June 2021