Fleet Technician I
Highlands Ranch Metro District is currently accepting applications for a Fleet Technician I position. Successful candidates must have a strong desire to work in a team environment in performing maintenance and repairs on equipment and a diverse fleet.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and may be required to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends and holidays as needed.
Duties: Successful candidates must have a basic understanding of vehicle and equipment repair, and the ability to assist with metal fabrication and welding. Candidates should be familiar and able to perform or assist in repair of engines, brakes, suspension and steering, electrical, heating and air conditioning, automatic and manual drive-trains, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Vocational or trade school with specialized training in automotive mechanics, or equipment maintenance is preferred.
• One (1) year of related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Colorado driver’s license and motor vehicle record as deemed acceptable by the District’s insurance provider is required.
• Ability to obtain a Class “B” CDL within one year of hire is also required.
• Pre-employment screening, which includes background check, drug screen and motor vehicle record check will be performed for all candidates who are offered employment.
The District offers an outstanding benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Medical/Dental/Vision insurance premium is paid 100% by the District for employee only coverage (75% premium paid for all other tiers) under the United Health Care/Kaiser Networks. 401 (a) Pension Plan and 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Plan (with up to 4% company match), company-paid long-term disability and life insurance (2x annual employee salary). Section 125 Flexible spending accounts, recreation center membership, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), travel assistance, tuition reimbursement and childcare/cell phone/entertainment ticket/pet insurance discounts are also included in the benefits package.
The District also recognizes the importance of a work/life balance and offers generous paid time off, which includes:
- 80 hours of sick leave per year
- 80 hours of vacation leave per year
- 32 hours of personal leave per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
Starting pay rate for this position is $21.79 – $30.51 per hour.
To apply for this position, please click HERE
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Posting No. 2021-020