Centennial Water and Sanitation District, is seeking an experienced Engineer II to join our Public Works Engineering team in the management of a wide range of Capital Projects. Centennial has a ten-year capital plan of over $250 million which includes improvements to the water and wastewater treatment facilities, lift stations, distribution and collection systems and completion of a wastewater treatment plant renovation project currently underway.
Centennial Water serves a population of over 100,000 in the community of Highlands Ranch, CO and adjoining portions of northern Douglas County. Centennial operates a complete water and wastewater utility including surface-water reservoirs, treatment facilities, transmission, distribution, storage, and wastewater collection system.
Provide engineering and project management services for a variety of capital improvement projects from identification of needs, through design and construction. Including:
• Identifying capital needs, evaluate possible solutions, and coordinate projects through design and construction process.
• Assists with the preparation of requests for proposals, evaluation of proposals, and preparation of contract documents.
• Coordinate preparation of bid documents, and participate in the evaluation of bids, and recommendation to management and board of directors.
• Provide on-site inspection services in collaboration with consultants and manage consulting services during the construction of facilities
• Ensures project compliance with schedule, design objectives and budget parameters.
• Collaboration with outside agencies having jurisdiction on capital projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or a closely related field
• Five years of progressive experience as a Project Engineer or Project Manager in an Engineering capacity for new structures or major renovations.
• Knowledge of applicable codes, standards and practices utilized in the building construction industry.
• A combination of education, experience and certification may be considered if it is deemed adequate to successfully perform the prescribed essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
The hiring range for this position is $91,300- $114,000 per year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The maximum salary for this position is $136,900. Excellent benefits are included with this position.
Job Posting No. 2022-001