Open Space Technician I
Highlands Ranch Metro District is currently accepting applications for an Open Space Technician I position to work in our Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department. A successful candidate is an experienced, highly motivated individual with a strong desire to provided excellent service to our community and be a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all aspects of general open space maintenance including but not limited to; trail maintenance, vegetation management, and trash removal. Essential duties include: natural areas vegetation management, management of 3 community gardens and assisting with maintenance and management of 4 dog parks.
This individual will be required to gain and apply knowledge for a variety of range and wetland management programs including; wetland restoration, herbicide applications, spot mowing, drainage repairs and irrigation systems, and operation of heavy equipment. Participates in special events and assists in oversight of parks and open space rules compliance.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old to apply
- Applicants must have an Associate’s degree in Open Space or Parks Management or related field, or 2 years’ experience in open space/parks management. Combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Applicant must acquire a Rangeland herbicide applicators license from the Colorado Department of Agriculture within the first 6 months of employment
- A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle record, as deemed acceptable by the District’s insurance provider, is also required.
- Pre-employment screening, which includes background check, drug screen and motor vehicle record check will be performed for all candidates who are offered employment.
The District offers an outstanding benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Medical/Dental/Vision insurance premium is paid 100% by the District for employee only coverage (75% premium paid for all other tiers) under the United Health Care/Kaiser Networks. 401 (a) Pension Plan and 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Plan (with up to 4% company match), company-paid long-term disability and life insurance (2x annual employee salary). Section 125 Flexible spending accounts, recreation center membership, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), travel assistance, tuition reimbursement and childcare/cell phone/entertainment ticket/pet insurance discounts are also included in the benefits package.
The District also recognizes the importance of a work/life balance and offers generous paid time off, which includes:
- 80 hours of sick leave per year
- 80 hours of vacation leave per year
- 32 hours of personal leave per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
Pay range for this position is $18.82 – $26.36 per hour.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply for this position, please click HERE
Posting No. 2021-025