Facilities Technician I
Highlands Ranch Metro District is currently accepting applications for a Facilities Technician I position.
- Maintenance of restrooms and shelters in the District’s parks and the community’s elementary school sports fields
- Maintenance of District Facilities
- Assisting with the fence program
- Assisting with the holiday light program
- Maintenance of playgrounds
- Graffiti removal in Parks and Open Space
- General maintenance and repairs, including limited electrical and plumbing work, to District owned property
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old to apply
- Two years facilities maintenance experience or related skills
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle record, as deemed acceptable by the District’s insurance provider, is also required.
- Pre-employment screening, which includes background check, drug screen and motor vehicle record check will be performed for all candidates who are offered employment.
The District offers an outstanding benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Medical/Dental/Vision insurance premium is paid 100% by the District for employee only coverage (75% premium paid for all other tiers) under the United Health Care/Kaiser Networks. 401 (a) Pension Plan and 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Plan (with up to 4% company match), company-paid long-term disability and life insurance (2x annual employee salary). Section 125 Flexible spending accounts, recreation center membership, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), travel assistance, tuition reimbursement and childcare/cell phone/entertainment ticket/pet insurance discounts are also included in the benefits package.
The District also recognizes the importance of a work/life balance and offers generous paid time off, which includes:
- 80 hours of sick leave per year
- 80 hours of vacation leave per year
- 32 hours of personal leave per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
Pay range for this position is $18.82 – $22.59 per hour.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply for this position, please visit -
Posting No. 2021-025